OT: Your "I'M MISSING DUCAL PICNIC, BBQ & FIGHTER PRACTICE" Invitation

  • Craig W. Carter
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 1999
      A bit off topic I admit BUT . . . .

      Since we have a number of folks down here in Cloondara starting to get ideas
      about siege engines and we're having a picnic this weekend, we thought that if
      anyone who's on the siege engine list and is local to the San Francisco Bay
      Area might like to come down and join us if they're not going up to Ducal.

      I apologize in advance if anyone is upset with this as an off-topic post

      Thanks for your kind attention. Hope to see some of you on Saturday.

      Craig

      -------------------------
      The Shire of Cloondara invites Good Gentles, One and All, to our

      "I'm Missing Ducal Prize Fighter Practice, Picnic & BBQ"
      in San Francisco's beautiful Golden Gate Park on
      Saturday, September 4th
      starting around 11am and going till . . . whenever.

      For all those Good Gentles whom, for whatever reason can't make it to Ducal
      Prize this weekend, the Shire of Cloondara will be providing the charcoal and
      BBQ facilities for the picnic as well as a roped off fighting eric and a
      pavilion to augment the readily available shade. There is plenty of soft
      green
      grass and pleasant company to be had.

      Bring yourself, food and drink and armor (if you've got it) for it is a must
      that a good time is going to be had by all!!!! And, hey! No site fee ;) since
      this will be an informal gathering of folks who didn't make it to Marysville
      occurring in conjunction with Cloondara's normal Saturday Practice in the
      Park.

      The Practice and Picnic will not happen if it rains, but otherwise . . . We
      party and play the afternoon away!

      Pavilions are OK if you don't put up the walls (asinine city ordinance against
      camping).

      Discrete site rules for personal alcohol use. It's ok to dump emptys into the
      trash bin.

      Maps to the site are available here:
      <http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/1392/cld_dirs.html#Directions Fighter
      Practice>http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Academy/1392/cld_dirs.html#Directions
      Fighter Practice
      (The maps on the web site are also linked to by
      <http://www.mapblast.com/mblast/index.mb>MapBlast!.Com so you can get
      personalized directions.)

      Directions From all points of the Compass:
      (BTW, we'll have a SCA placard at the site so you don't miss us.)

      *****
      from the North, via the Golden Gate Bridge

      Proceed south on the Golden Gate Bridge. As you approach the toll booth, get
      into the far right hand lanes.

      After the Toll Booth, take the 19th Avenue/Park Presedio Boulevard exit and
      proceed through the MacArthur Tunnel to Anza Boulevard (There is no left turn
      off of Park Presedio)

      Turn right onto Anza then immediately turn right again and proceed north one
      block to Geary Blvd.

      Turn Right onto Geary Blvd and proceed to Stanyon Street (Right after the
      Coronet Theater with a Union 76 gas station on the right hand corner of the
      street.) Turn Right.

      Proceed south on Stanyon. You will soon be driving along the east end of
      Golden Gate Park. At the first major intersection/entrance to the Park, turn
      right onto JFK Drive and proceed west for about 150 yards. We will be on the
      right hand side of the street, just after the first right turn. Look for the
      blue and white SCA placard.

      **********************************
      from the South, via Interstate 280

      Proceed north on Interstate 280 to the end of the freeway staying in the left
      hand lanes.

      Follow the flow of traffic left, through the 's-curve' onto 19th Avenue.

      Follow 19th Avenue through Golden Gate Park, following the 's-curves' there,
      bearing to the right. Turn right onto Fulton Ave. (First intersection right at
      the edge of Golden Gate Park.)

      Follow Fulton Ave east until you come to Stanyon Street (right at the far
      corner of G.G. Park), turn right onto Stanyon.

      Proceed south for about 300 yards to the major intersection/entrance to the
      Park. Turn right onto JFK Drive and proceed west for about 150 yards. We
      will
      be on the right hand side of the street, just after the first right turn.
      Look for the blue and white SCA placard.

      *************************************
      from the South, via Highway 101

      Proceed north on Highway 101 following the signs for the Golden Gate Bridge.
      Follow the highway to its end at the Fell Street exit in the middle lanes.
      Proceed west
      up Fell Street.

      Continue west on Fell Street until you enter Golden Gate Park, bear to the
      right onto JFK Drive. We will be on the right hand side of the street, just
      after the first right turn. Look for the blue and white SCA placard.

      **********************
      From the South, via The Great Highway (or Skyline Drive)

      Proceed north on Great Highway until you drive along the beach end of Golden
      Gate Park.

      Turn Right onto JFK Drive, (the last entrance into the park from the beach
      area). Follow JFK Drive, bearing to your left until you are heading east
      through the park.

      You will pass almost completely through the Park. When you pass the
      Conservatory of Flowers on your left (a big white glass building surrounded by
      flower beds) the site will be about 100 yards east up JFK on the left hand
      side
      of the street. Look for the blue and white SCA placard.

      ***************
      from the East, via the San Francisco Bay Bridge

      Proceed west the Bay Bridge onto Highway 101 staying in the right hand lanes.
      Take the Golden Gate Bridge turn off and follow it to the its end at Fell
      Street.

      Continue west on Fell Street until you enter Golden Gate Park, bear to the
      right onto JFK Drive. We will be on the right hand side of the street, just
      after the first right turn. Look for the blue and white SCA placard.

      *****************
      From the West . . .

      If anybody swims ashore from the Western Marches or Lochac or some of our
      Caidian cousins show up from Hawaii on the beach sopping wet . . . Just follow
      the directions for the approach from the Great Highway above. Hell, once
      they reach site, we might even buy them lunch (providing they can prove they
      swam in ;> ).
      *****************

      See you for lunch and lot's o'fun :) !!!!!

      Yours in Service to The Kingdom and The Society
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      William of the West Merlands
      Shire of Cloondara, Kingdom of the West

      -----------------------
      |\ _,,,---,,_
      PRrrr /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ Email: craig1@...
      Craig W. Carter San Francisco, CA, USA
    • Bernard Theiss (Efron)
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 1999
        Sorry we can't make the picnic, but the site is a bit out of our
        day-tripping range here in PA. Have fun~~~Efron