(Announcements) Additional Peerage Exploratory Committee ("APEC ")

  • henrikofhavn
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 23, 2013
      Subject: [Announcements] Additional Peerage Exploratory Committee ("APEC")

      At the July 2013 Board Meeting, the Additional Peerage Exploratory
      Committee ("APEC") proposed that the Board of Directors create a new
      Patent-bearing Peerage Order parallel to the Orders of the Chivalry, the
      Laurel and the Pelican. This Rapier Peerage would be for the related
      martial arts of rapier and all forms of cut & thrust in the SCA.

      As announced in the Board's original call for nominations to the APEC in
      March 2012, the APEC's report is now published to the membership for
      comment. To access the APEC report, you may click on this link or go to
      http://sca.org/BOD/announcements/APECProposal.pdf. The commentary period is
      open until December 15, 2013.

      Once the commentary period has expired, a larger and more representative
      Review Committee will then review the APEC's proposal and all comments
      received from the membership on the proposal. The Review Committee will be
      established by the Board and will be comprised of representatives selected
      by the relevant groups and organizations within and across the Society
      (e.g., the Kingdoms, Peerages, Heralds, Seneschals, Grand Council, Rapier
      Fencing Community, and C&T Fencing Community) as a final input into the
      process.

      The Board will work with the Kingdoms, the College of Heralds, the
      Seneschallate and the Grand Council to request their nominees to the Review
      Committee. The Board now solicits letters of intent from individuals
      willing to serve on the Review Committee as representatives of the Orders
      of the Chivalry, the Laurel and the Pelican, the Rapier Fencing Community
      and the Cut and Thrust Fencing Community. Hard copies of resumes (both
      professional and SCA related, including offices held and honors) must be
      sent to the attention of The Board of Directors, SCA, Inc., P.O. Box
      360789, Milpitas, CA 95036-0789. Electronic courtesy copies should also be
      sent to peerageexploratorycommittee@... and resumes@....

      The Board welcomes all commentary throughout this exploratory process from
      the populace at large. Please send commentary to Comments@... and
      include "Potential New Peerage" in the subject line.

      Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
      SCA Inc.
      Box 360789
      Milpitas, CA 95036

      You may also email comments@....

      This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for
      Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this
      announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic
      mailing
      lists.
    • Brian Lapham
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 26, 2013
        Is this an old announcement? I keep getting "page not available" when I click the link.

        Brian Lapham

        For more information about me and my catapults go to:
        Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000217277784
        Southwest Catapults and Pumpkin Chuckers: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/183101045065025/
        The Hurl Gallery: http://www.thehurl.org/tiki-browse_gallery.php?galleryId=13
        Buy my Onager plans here: http://www.mangonel.com/92002
        Tucson Pumpkin Toss: www.Tucsonpumpkintoss.org, www.facebook.com/tucsonpumpkintoss

        "The surest way to kill a hobby
        is to try to make money at it!" -Red Green

        To: SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 26, 2013
          No, this is new. I just tried the link and it worked.

          - Rich

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 27, 2013
            Then I wonder why I keep getting this:

            Our Apologies
            The page you requested cannot be displayed.

            It may have moved to a new location, or is no longer available.
            Please try one of the following options:

            If you typed the address, make sure the spelling is correct. Most addresses are also case sensitive.
            Check the Site Map, below, or the Library of Documents for the page you are you looking for.If you found a broken link on the SCA.org pages, please report it to the Webfolks.

            Site Map:

            Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. (Home)

            MEMBERSHIP
            Purchase / Renew Membership
            Membership & Subscription FAQ's
            Managing Your Membership:

            Reprint Proof of Membership
            Print Membership Forms
            On-line Change of Address
            Discontinue (Opt Out) Paper Newsletters
            Waiver Forms
            Contact Member Services

            SCA Marketplace (Shopping)

            SCA News
            Open Officer Positions

            DIRECTORY
            Member Services / Corporate Office

            Board of Directors

            Director Listing
            Ombudsman Listing
            Announcements from the Board
            Board Meeting Schedule
            Nominees for the Board
            Minutes of recent Board meetings
            Older Minutes
            Subscribe to the Board Announcements Mailing list

            SCA Officers

            Corporate and Society Officers' Directory
            Senior Corporate Officers' Bio page
            Open Corporate Officer Positions
            Kingdom Seneschals Directory

            Society Officers' Webpages

            Society Treasurer

            Arts & Sciences Officer

            Arts & Sciences / Guide to Historic Combat

            Society Chatelain (Newcomers' Liaison)

            Resources and Info for Newcomers
            Resources and Info for Chatelaines
            Photos for use in flyers
            Demo Policy
            Guidelines for Kingdom Chatelains
            Life in the Current Middle Ages

            Children's Officer Coordinator

            Society Chirurgeon

            Kingdom Chirurgeons' Roster

            Society Chronicler

            William Blackfox Awards

            Earl Marshal

            Directory of Kingdom Marshals
            Directory of Society Marshals & Deputies
            Kingdom Earl Marshal Resources
            Kingdom Rapier Marshal Resources
            Documents and Forms
            News

            Armored Combat
            Combat Archery
            Target Archery
            Equestrian Activities
            Rapier Combat
            Siege Weapons

            Society Equestrian Marshal

            Directory of Society Equestrian Deputies
            Directory of Kingdom Equestrian Officers
            Policies & Regulations
            Equestrian Insurance
            Announcements
            Activities