RE: [SCA-Siege] Mixed Weapons War 2013 (March 29-31 at BubbleBee Ranch, AZ)

  • Brian Lapham
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 14 8:35 AM
      Let me see what my schedule is. Currently I don't see anything going on that weekend, but I may be missing something. I'll need to check with my significant other and see if she has plans for that weekend. As of now, ANY siege activity would be great. A target tourney
      would be fun, plus just having an open space where we could tinker and shoot would be OK as well.
      Brian Lapham

      For more information about me and my catapults go to:
      Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000217277784
      Southwest Catapults and Pumpkin Chuckers: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/183101045065025/
      The Hurl Gallery: http://www.thehurl.org/tiki-browse_gallery.php?galleryId=13
      Buy my Onager plans here: http://www.mangonel.com/92002
      Tucson Pumpkin Toss: www.Tucsonpumpkintoss.org, www.facebook.com/tucsonpumpkintoss

      "The surest way to kill a hobby
      is to try to make money at it!" -Red Green

      To: SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com
      From: flohrschutz@...
      Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 18:48:42 +0000
      Subject: [SCA-Siege] Mixed Weapons War 2013 (March 29-31 at BubbleBee Ranch, AZ)

      Greetings,

      Mixed Weapons War 2013 is 15 days away. I've been asked by the autocrat to coordinate siege events.

      I have submitted a couple of siege scenarios and the Barony of Sundragon's ballista (BAR) will be on site. I'm also planning a small targeting tournament. A set number of chances to hit targets worth various points at various distances. It's really a chance to expose the non-inducted to siege.

      Is there anything else that you, as siege enthusiasts, would like to see? Is anyone planning to join us at Mixed Weapons War?

      YIS,
      Valdisa Alarsdottir

      ****

      Mixed Weapons War 2013
      March 29, 2013 at noon to March 31, 2013 at noon
      Bumble Bee Ranch, Bumble Bee, Arizona

      Adult members: $14.00 if camping all weekend, $8.00 for day trip
      Youth (ages 16-17) members: $9.00 if camping all weekend, $6.00 for day trip
      Non-member adult: Additional $5.00
      Children (ages 15 and younger): free

      Bumble Bee requires the following:
      Parking fee is $7.00 per vehicle for camping, $5.00 for day tripping. Parking must be paid in cash.

    • william_the_millwright
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 19 4:34 PM
        That sounds great, I'll be day tripping on Saturday. Looking forward to it!
        Do you want any additional targets, I have three sets that I made a few yr's ago? E-mail off list.

        YIS,
        William the Myllwright

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 19 4:47 PM
          Hey Dougal, Hope you can make it to Mixed Weapons War, I'll be there early on Saturday morning. Perhaps you can bring your siege engine, I'll help you out if you wish. Hope that helps sway your decision to go? (Or not :)) I believe this event will be fun and not to mention the promotional aspects of seige engine tournaments, demo's and the like!
          Hey Daniel what about you, can you make it?

          See ya all there!

          YIS,
          William the Millwryght

            From: wcbislive@...