Re: [SCA-Siege] Siege awards

  • John Edgerton
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013
      The West has the Royal Missile Company, a grant level award for all missile
      weapons including siege.

      Jon

      ________________________________

      On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Colleen <ldycolleenokelly@...>wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly
      > for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege
      > machines on the battle fields.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Lady Colleen O'Kelly

    • cptdoom9
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013
        In Northshield, siege is lumped in with archery and thrown weapons for awards (and probably combat archery as well, its hard to tell if anyone got one of the awards for CA because a lot of us tend to due 3 or all 4 of the activities). The Award of the Black Bolt is an AoA level award. The Order of Aquila et Fulmen is a Grant level award. I don't think many Black Bolts have been given primarily for siege (probably Darius Architectus, but that was before my time), but I think 2 of the 16 Aquila that have been given were primarily for siege.

        Toussaint de Caluwé / Tyson Patterson
        Kingdom of Northshield

        --- In SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com, "Colleen" wrote:

        > I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege machines on the battle fields.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Lady Colleen O'Kelly

      • morejellogottanitchy
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 4, 2013
          There are no siege specific awards in Artemisia. I guess it could be possible for some of the archery awards to be applied to siege, but I do not recall any instance of it ever happening.
          -Marcello, Artemisia