RE: [SCA-Siege] Siege awards

  • Brian Lapham
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013
      There are no awards specific to siege in Atenveldt. I cannot speak to any archery awards (there are some) or awards that might include siege.

      Brian Lapham

      For more information about me and my catapults go to:
      Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000217277784
      Southwest Catapults and Pumpkin Chuckers: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/183101045065025/
      The Hurl Gallery: http://www.thehurl.org/tiki-browse_gallery.php?galleryId=13
      Buy my Onager plans here: http://www.mangonel.com/92002
      Tucson Pumpkin Toss: www.Tucsonpumpkintoss.org, www.facebook.com/tucsonpumpkintoss

      "The surest way to kill a hobby
      is to try to make money at it!" -Red Green

      To: SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com
      From: ldycolleenokelly@...
      Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 03:31:09 +0000
      Subject: [SCA-Siege] Siege awards

      I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege machines on the battle fields.

      Thanks,
      Lady Colleen O'Kelly

    • John Edgerton
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013
        The West has the Royal Missile Company, a grant level award for all missile
        weapons including siege.

        Jon

        ________________________________

        On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Colleen <ldycolleenokelly@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly
        > for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege
        > machines on the battle fields.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Lady Colleen O'Kelly

      • cptdoom9
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013
          In Northshield, siege is lumped in with archery and thrown weapons for awards (and probably combat archery as well, its hard to tell if anyone got one of the awards for CA because a lot of us tend to due 3 or all 4 of the activities). The Award of the Black Bolt is an AoA level award. The Order of Aquila et Fulmen is a Grant level award. I don't think many Black Bolts have been given primarily for siege (probably Darius Architectus, but that was before my time), but I think 2 of the 16 Aquila that have been given were primarily for siege.

          Toussaint de Caluwé / Tyson Patterson
          Kingdom of Northshield

          --- In SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com, "Colleen" wrote:

          > I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege machines on the battle fields.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Lady Colleen O'Kelly

        • morejellogottanitchy
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 4, 2013
            There are no siege specific awards in Artemisia. I guess it could be possible for some of the archery awards to be applied to siege, but I do not recall any instance of it ever happening.
            -Marcello, Artemisia