RE: [SCA-Siege] Siege awards

  • Paul W.Van Dyke
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1 5:27 AM
      Outstanding!!!

      Master Jean Paul Pierrepont OL OP

      -----Original Message-----
      From: SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com [mailto:SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cnesbit253
      Sent: Friday, February 01, 2013 1:26 AM
      To: SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [SCA-Siege] Siege awards

      The Kingdom of Aethelmearc has recently instituted the Order of the Scarlet Battery for Combat Archery and Siege Activities. It is an Order of High Merit in this Kingdom. As such, it is accompanied by a Grant of Arms.

      Duke Christopher
      Aethelmearc
    • Jonathas
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 1 5:55 AM
        In Atlantia Siege has two awards, though they are not exclusive to siege
        they are for all missile weapons and it is generally known/announced why
        each individual is receiving the award. There is the King's Missiliers an
        AoA level award, and the Yewbow a GoA level award.

        Jonathas

        On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Colleen <ldycolleenokelly@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly
        > for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege
        > machines on the battle fields.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Lady Colleen O'Kelly

      • Brian Lapham
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1 8:19 AM
          There are no awards specific to siege in Atenveldt. I cannot speak to any archery awards (there are some) or awards that might include siege.

          Brian Lapham

          For more information about me and my catapults go to:
          Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000217277784
          Southwest Catapults and Pumpkin Chuckers: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/183101045065025/
          The Hurl Gallery: http://www.thehurl.org/tiki-browse_gallery.php?galleryId=13
          Buy my Onager plans here: http://www.mangonel.com/92002
          Tucson Pumpkin Toss: www.Tucsonpumpkintoss.org, www.facebook.com/tucsonpumpkintoss

          "The surest way to kill a hobby
          is to try to make money at it!" -Red Green

          To: SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com
          From: ldycolleenokelly@...
          Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 03:31:09 +0000
          Subject: [SCA-Siege] Siege awards

          I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege machines on the battle fields.

          Thanks,
          Lady Colleen O'Kelly

        • John Edgerton
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1 8:55 AM
            The West has the Royal Missile Company, a grant level award for all missile
            weapons including siege.

            Jon

            ________________________________

            On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Colleen <ldycolleenokelly@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly
            > for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege
            > machines on the battle fields.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Lady Colleen O'Kelly

          • cptdoom9
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1 5:21 PM
              In Northshield, siege is lumped in with archery and thrown weapons for awards (and probably combat archery as well, its hard to tell if anyone got one of the awards for CA because a lot of us tend to due 3 or all 4 of the activities). The Award of the Black Bolt is an AoA level award. The Order of Aquila et Fulmen is a Grant level award. I don't think many Black Bolts have been given primarily for siege (probably Darius Architectus, but that was before my time), but I think 2 of the 16 Aquila that have been given were primarily for siege.

              Toussaint de Caluwé / Tyson Patterson
              Kingdom of Northshield

              --- In SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com, "Colleen" wrote:

              > I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege machines on the battle fields.
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Lady Colleen O'Kelly

            • morejellogottanitchy
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 4 3:51 PM
                There are no siege specific awards in Artemisia. I guess it could be possible for some of the archery awards to be applied to siege, but I do not recall any instance of it ever happening.
                -Marcello, Artemisia