Siege awards

  • Colleen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2013
      I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege machines on the battle fields.

      Thanks,
      Lady Colleen O'Kelly
    • Cnesbit253
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 31, 2013
        The Kingdom of Aethelmearc has recently instituted the Order of the Scarlet Battery for Combat Archery and Siege Activities. It is an Order of High Merit in this Kingdom. As such, it is accompanied by a Grant of Arms.

        Duke Christopher
        Aethelmearc

        I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege machines on the battle fields.

        Thanks,
        Lady Colleen O'Kelly

      • Paul W.Van Dyke
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013
          Outstanding!!!

          Master Jean Paul Pierrepont OL OP

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013
            In Atlantia Siege has two awards, though they are not exclusive to siege
            they are for all missile weapons and it is generally known/announced why
            each individual is receiving the award. There is the King's Missiliers an
            AoA level award, and the Yewbow a GoA level award.

            Jonathas

            On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Colleen <ldycolleenokelly@...>wrote:

            > **
            >

            > I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly
            > for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege
            > machines on the battle fields.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Lady Colleen O'Kelly

          • Brian Lapham
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013
              There are no awards specific to siege in Atenveldt. I cannot speak to any archery awards (there are some) or awards that might include siege.

              Brian Lapham

              For more information about me and my catapults go to:
              Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000217277784
              Southwest Catapults and Pumpkin Chuckers: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/183101045065025/
              The Hurl Gallery: http://www.thehurl.org/tiki-browse_gallery.php?galleryId=13
              Buy my Onager plans here: http://www.mangonel.com/92002
              Tucson Pumpkin Toss: www.Tucsonpumpkintoss.org, www.facebook.com/tucsonpumpkintoss

              "The surest way to kill a hobby
              is to try to make money at it!" -Red Green

              To: SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com
              From: ldycolleenokelly@...
              Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 03:31:09 +0000

              I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege machines on the battle fields.

              Thanks,
              Lady Colleen O'Kelly

            • John Edgerton
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013
                The West has the Royal Missile Company, a grant level award for all missile
                weapons including siege.

                Jon

                ________________________________

                On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM, Colleen <ldycolleenokelly@...>wrote:

                > **
                >

                > I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly
                > for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege
                > machines on the battle fields.
                >
                > Thanks,
                > Lady Colleen O'Kelly

              • cptdoom9
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 1, 2013
                  In Northshield, siege is lumped in with archery and thrown weapons for awards (and probably combat archery as well, its hard to tell if anyone got one of the awards for CA because a lot of us tend to due 3 or all 4 of the activities). The Award of the Black Bolt is an AoA level award. The Order of Aquila et Fulmen is a Grant level award. I don't think many Black Bolts have been given primarily for siege (probably Darius Architectus, but that was before my time), but I think 2 of the 16 Aquila that have been given were primarily for siege.

                  Toussaint de Caluwé / Tyson Patterson
                  Kingdom of Northshield

                  --- In SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com, "Colleen" wrote:

                  > I am trying to find out if any group or Kingdom has an award specificaly for siege. And also any and all awards received for working with siege machines on the battle fields.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  > Lady Colleen O'Kelly

                • morejellogottanitchy
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 4, 2013
                    There are no siege specific awards in Artemisia. I guess it could be possible for some of the archery awards to be applied to siege, but I do not recall any instance of it ever happening.
                    -Marcello, Artemisia