Siege war point at Pennsic

  • Roderick McKraken
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20 5:44 PM
      I'd like to thank Dirk, and Alexander, and Diccon, and Wormwood, and
      Hrelgar, and Svanhildr, and Taranach, and everyone else who helped Richard
      marshal the siege activities at Pennsic this year. There was a lot of new
      stuff going on with the War Point shoot, and with Atlantia and Aethelmarc
      being primary contenders in the war.

      I did not marshal this year, but got to shoot instead. This is the first
      time I got to shoot in several years, and I enjoyed it very much. Yes, I
      got high score in the war point shoot, but I also enjoyed the bridge battle
      as well.

      For those of you who didn't go to Pennsic, it wasn't the Midrealm against
      the East Kingdom this year. It was the Midrealm and the East Kingdom
      together against Atlantia and Eethelmarc, with other Kingdoms allied with
      either side. Being primary contenders this year, Atlantia and Eathelmarc
      were really pumped up. I saw 4 blue Jonathas built ballistae from Atlantia,
      and Aethelmarc fielded some new engines with a lot of new siege engineers.
      Outside of the siege community, turnout by those kingdoms was also way up.

      There were 25 siege engines in the war point shoot. A target shoot is
      something that we could have done any time, but it's a lot of trouble to get
      a siege engine to the battlefield at Pennsic. Most people won't bother to
      do that for anything less than a war point. And then there are always a lot
      of other things to do anyways. Making a target shoot into a war point
      breathed a lot of life into the siege community at Pennsic this year.

      The Mid-East won the war point shoot. Diccon gave us the score at the siege
      marshal social, but I can't remember exactly what it was. It was something
      like 1200 to 900.

      Roderick