trio block kits

  • robin
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 9, 2011
      Thought I would share:

      I came across two siege engine Trio block kits at the Fisher Price toy store at their factory headquarters this week.
      One is a catapult with a square weighted block that is free swinging.
      The other kit is a siege tower with a swinging battering ram.
      Both can be built in a variety of ways, rated ages 4 or 5 and up.

      We bought both kits priced at $8 each. The 7 year old assembled them both without any help, then had to fight off the adults to be able to use them!
      They also make a small castle with a figure, flag, shield, sword and working catapult that launches a small boulder. Our 18 month old grandson is enthralled with the catapults and is able to launch all by himself.

      While they are not made of period materials nor look terribly period, my purpose is to use them for children's activities at events as examples of engines and how they work.

      Nivah

    • Brian Lapham
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 9, 2011
        Is there a model number or kit name? I may try to find it on their website.

        Brian Lapham

        "The surest way to kill a hobby
        is to try to make money at it!" -Red Green

        For more information about me and my catapults go to:
        http://www.thehurl.org/tiki-browse_gallery.php?galleryId=13
        Buy my Onager plans here:
        http://www.mangonel.com/92002

        To: SCA-Siege@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 9, 2011
          The most specific info I can give you is to try the www.triobuilding.com site and look for the Hammerpult, P9047 and Siege Tower P9046.

          There is also a very cool Knight's Gate that is a slightly bigger set, it has a small catapult and other siege weapons you shoot at the walls.

          We have been collecting whatever siege toys we find to go with the castle and figures we use as the core pieces as an activity center for kids. Try Toys R Us for the German made figures. The store in our area has had some exceptional buys on some of the pieces. For example we got a quintain on clearance for a dollar! Well made, looks realistic and easy to put together.

          The other siege pieces we have found come from the "How to Train Your Dragon" movie toys. They have two different engines and a balista launcher that the kids love to use.

          If you do not find them easily, let me know and I can send you pictures. The info for the FP factory is 636 Girard Ave, East Aurora NY, 14052 Phone is 1-800-432-5437. The toy store is in the front of the factory.

          Nivah

        • Brian Lapham