Info from the New Siege General

  • Michael Gerlach
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2010
      Good Gentles all,

      I have been asked to step-up to replace Master J.P. in his position as Lt. General of Artillery of the Midrealm Army. I am looking forward to continuing his great work, on and off the field, and I know that I will have a big job ahead of me to fill his shoes.
      To Master J.P. for all of his extensive work within the siege community, and for our great kingdom, a hearty �Thank-you� is not nearly enough for all he�s done!

      I know that the weather for many of us leaves a lot to be desired, but now is a good time to catch up on ammo and engine repairs. It is my understanding that the changes to the siege specific combat rules are mostly settled at this point as well.
      At this point, I am planning to be at as many events that have or support siege as possible. Baron Wars (May 8th) and Simple Day (July 17th) are Kingdom level War practices and I would ask any of you who are able to attend, to do so. I�m also planning to be at Northern Oaken War Maneuvers, (regional war practice) Siege of Talonval, and of course, Pennsic!
      I would like to hear from as many of the engineers and crews as possible over the next month or so. I�d like to hear your thoughts on battlefield coordination with the command staff, things you�d like to see different or improved, and generally anything that I can help you or others with. Feel free to call me, email, or snail mail��..what ever works best for you.
      I will be holding office hours with the Deputy of Combat Archery at RUM as well as an outdoor shooting and practice area for both in the Marche of Alderford later this month. I would encourage anyone who is interested in becoming an engineer or crew, building a siege weapon, learning to marshal siege, just getting some hands on knowledge, or helping support the Siege Corps of the Middle Kingdom in anyway to seek me out.
      I also have a Siege weapon/ Combat archery specialized event in the planning stages for the future. I also thinking about a gathering at Pennsic as well.

      For the record, I have a military background and as such, I�ll fight tooth and nail for you when you�re right. I believe that we can be a force to be feared on the battlefield. I am open to anything that furthers that endeavor.
      Now, what needs to be done to get us there?
      (330)658-5040 before 9pm.

      Yours in service to the Crown and the Dream,
      Alexander of Hawkwood,
      Lt. General of Artillery
      Baron Brendoken, Kingdom of the Midrealm.
      Sergeant of the Red Company.
      2nd. of the Legion.

      True warriors do not follow paths, they make them. It is not just their desire, it is their nature.