Re: Irish

  • Ciar ingen Dàire
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2002
      Greetings to the list! I came across this message by accident, and
      wondered if anyone has found any references for this period.

      My persona is 10th century Irish, and so far all I have been able to
      come up with is the Dublin Viking cap (basically an arming cap that
      comes to a point at the top of the head) and the Book of Kells image
      of the Virgin Mary, who appears to be wearing a veil draped over her
      head, with the loose end tossed over her left shoulder. Does anyone
      have an alternate interpretation of the Book of Kells image, or any
      other sources for early period Ireland?

      Thank you :-)

      Ciar ingen Dàire
      Shire of Heatherwyne, Kingdom of Caid

      --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, "Lisa Inez Stigen Williams"
      <zeninegits@b...> wrote:

      > Greetings to all,
      > Can anyone refer me to references for what type of head covering
      Irish women wore? 10th century or later if possible.