Re: [SCA-Milliners] Re: Fwd: Straw Hat Help?

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2000
      > Do you have a link to this painting where it can be viewed online?

      Sure thing: http://cgfa.kelloggcreek.com/eyck/p-eyck6.htm

      The resolution isn't good enough to see the weaving in his hat, alas.

      "Such virtue hath my pen...." -Shakespeare, Sonnet LXXXI
      "I knew this wasn't _my_ pen!" --Cynthia V.
    • Wanda Pease
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2000
        The best depiction of the Arnolfini Marriage I have ever seen is at:
        http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/dome/van_eyck/html/meaning.html

        You can click on each element of the painting an get a close up as well as
        an explanation. Mr.. Arnolfini's hat is one of those close ups.

        Regina Romsey

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2000
          Wanda Pease wrote:
          > The best depiction of the Arnolfini Marriage I have ever seen is at:
          > http://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/dome/van_eyck/html/meaning.html

          That's *wonderful*! Thank you for posting it.