Re: [SCA-Milliners] Re: Felt hennin

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 11 8:46 AM
      >>No idea of the measurement of thickness. I bought the felt by the
      >>yard at Wal-Mart, off the wall rack.

      So it's probably acrylic felt, then, not wool, right? Do you think it
      could be induced to bulk up the way wool felt does?

      --
      Cynthia Virtue and/or
      Cynthia du Pré Argent

      I actually managed to get quite drunk on that stuff. Either that, or
      that bush jumped me, and *dragged* me off the trail, and beat me up. --
      Tibor
    • olwenwhytmarshe
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 11 1:32 PM
        --- In SCA-Milliners@y..., Cynthia Virtue <cvirtue@t...> wrote:
        > So it's probably acrylic felt, then, not wool, right? Do you think
        > it could be induced to bulk up the way wool felt does?
        >
        > --
        > Cynthia Virtue and/or
        > Cynthia du Pré Argent

        It's definitely acrylic felt. I can't touch wool. Didn't try to
        manipulate the felt in any way, since it was only a costume piece.
      • Bice
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 17 12:11 PM
          I've "bulked up" felt by putting a fusible on it. helps it a little
          depending on the weight of interfacing.