Re: Felt hennin

  • Anneke Lyffland
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 11, 2002
      --- In SCA-Milliners@y..., "olwenwhytmarshe" <gnolwen@e...> wrote:
      > No idea of the measurement of thickness. I bought the felt by the
      > yard at Wal-Mart, off the wall rack. Certainly not 1/4 inch, though.
      > I thought about stretching and wetting and all that so there would be
      > no seam, but it was just for fantasy play, so I sewed it. Works fine.
      > The felt isn't bulky enough that the seam bulges.

      Thanks! <off to the fabric store to find felt>

      Anneke

      -~*~-
      Life's a journey - not a destination. Amazing, Aerosmith

      Grab your hook! Free email at Cafe Crochet http://cafecrochet.com

      Promote your group and strengthen ties to your members with email@... by Everyone.net http://www.everyone.net/?btn=tag
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 11, 2002
        >>No idea of the measurement of thickness. I bought the felt by the
        >>yard at Wal-Mart, off the wall rack.

        So it's probably acrylic felt, then, not wool, right? Do you think it
        could be induced to bulk up the way wool felt does?

        --
        Cynthia Virtue and/or
        Cynthia du Pré Argent

        I actually managed to get quite drunk on that stuff. Either that, or
        that bush jumped me, and *dragged* me off the trail, and beat me up. --
        Tibor
      • olwenwhytmarshe
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 11, 2002
          --- In SCA-Milliners@y..., Cynthia Virtue <cvirtue@t...> wrote:
          > So it's probably acrylic felt, then, not wool, right? Do you think
          > it could be induced to bulk up the way wool felt does?
          >
          > --
          > Cynthia Virtue and/or
          > Cynthia du Pré Argent

          It's definitely acrylic felt. I can't touch wool. Didn't try to
          manipulate the felt in any way, since it was only a costume piece.
        • Bice
          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 17, 2002
            I've "bulked up" felt by putting a fusible on it. helps it a little
            depending on the weight of interfacing.