Re: [SCA-Milliners] Carma

  • Hasoferet@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 1969
      Thanks for checking it out. Can you ask her, if the
      carma is not period, whether she has any idea what the
      'tall caps of plate' which one traveller of the 1500s
      refers to Jewish women wearing in the Balkan Ottoman
      cities might be? I read the description and then saw
      a couple of pictures of the big metal things and thought
      there was a connection.

      And I do have a shire metal worker who owes me a favor...

      Thanks,

      Raquel

      In a message dated Mon, 1 May 2000 4:54:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Leah E Lloyd <danabren@...> writes:

      << Greetings to the list.

      I forwarded the question regarding the carma to a friend who has a
      Turkish persona, and the entirety of her response was as follows:

      "The metal hats she is talking about are not SCA-period - don't come into
      play until the 1700's. They are crafted from metal with designs etched
      into them so unless she does metal work, I don't know how she would
      simulate one..."

      Danabren, East
      Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

      GET WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE FREE! GET THE OFFICIAL COMPANION
      TO TELEVISION'S HOTTEST GAME SHOW PHENOMENON PLUS 5 MORE BOOKS FOR
      $2. Click for details.
      http://click.egroups.com/1/3014/4/_/616898/_/957214339/

      Shortcut URL to this page:
      http://www.onelist.com/community/SCA-Milliners