Re: [SCA-Milliners] pins? was Re: need help determining what kinda hat I need

  • danabren@juno.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 26, 2002
      On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:34:09 -0000 "janeravenswood"
      <janeravenswood@...> writes:
      > I have a question. Straight pins? like the ones you use to sew
      > with? That sounds potentially ouchy. Or are these pins more like
      > hat pins, longer and blunter?

      Yup, straight pins like you use to sew (not the ones with the bright red
      and yellow plastic heads though.....). provided you don't jam them
      straight into your skull, there's no reason to fear ouchiness :) When
      attaching the veil to your hair, you're not going anywhere near your
      skin, you'r just putting them through fabric, catching some hair from
      your bun, and going back out to come through the veil again. At the back
      of the neck it can be a little prickly, so make sure that your pins go
      through the fabric two or three times - this also ensures that they'll
      stay in place better.

      I used to lose about 1-2 pins each time I wore this style, now I lose
      none because I've figured out how to anchor them, by keeping the heads of
      the pins either upright or closest to my skull.

      Danabren

      I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you
      want to annoy for the rest of your life.

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.