pins? was Re: need help determining what kinda hat I need

  • janeravenswood
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 26, 2002
      I have a question. Straight pins? like the ones you use to sew
      with? That sounds potentially ouchy. Or are these pins more like
      hat pins, longer and blunter?

      thanks for all of the help!

      Darka

    • danabren@juno.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 26, 2002
        On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 15:34:09 -0000 "janeravenswood"
        <janeravenswood@...> writes:
        > I have a question. Straight pins? like the ones you use to sew
        > with? That sounds potentially ouchy. Or are these pins more like
        > hat pins, longer and blunter?

        Yup, straight pins like you use to sew (not the ones with the bright red
        and yellow plastic heads though.....). provided you don't jam them
        straight into your skull, there's no reason to fear ouchiness :) When
        attaching the veil to your hair, you're not going anywhere near your
        skin, you'r just putting them through fabric, catching some hair from
        your bun, and going back out to come through the veil again. At the back
        of the neck it can be a little prickly, so make sure that your pins go
        through the fabric two or three times - this also ensures that they'll
        stay in place better.

        I used to lose about 1-2 pins each time I wore this style, now I lose
        none because I've figured out how to anchor them, by keeping the heads of
        the pins either upright or closest to my skull.

        Danabren