Fw: [owls-reste] Yahoo Groups Important Info

  • danabren@juno.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2002
      *sheesh*..... yeah, you need to do this....

      Danabren

      Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 05:12:49 -0700
      From: Elizabeth Lear <eliz@...>
      Subject: Important - list subscribers pls read

      If you're using Yahoogroups (and you probably are, since this list is
      run through Yahoogroups), make sure you go and change your profile.
      Yahoo has just made a sneaky change to everybody's 'Marketing
      Preferences', the result of which will be a load of spam. To change
      them back here's what you need to do to avoid all the ads:

      Go to My Groups and click on Account Info, verify your password if it
      asks you to, and your Yahoo ID card comes up. Click on 'Edit your
      Marketing Preferences' and change all those Yes buttons back to to No.
      Click Save Changes.

      I've done mine already, and I was shocked to see what they'd signed me
      up to receive without telling me! If you actually gave them your
      address and phone # in your profile, they've signed you up for phone
      and postal spam as well as email.

      ...eliz

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.