Re: [SCA-Milliners] Capiglaira

  • Michelina Medici
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012
      Ohhhhhhhhh,  I am looking forward to looking thru it this evening.

      I have never seen this before.

      Thanks for sharing

      Michelina

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012
        Katherine

        Hmmm, There are many images of this type of 'hat' that is the same size but appear to be real hats covered with fabric. Very interesting.

        I am not sure I fallow the logic of the author, but I am not well read. I have so much to learn.

        Thank you for your assistance.

        Michelina

        although I wonder how the author determined this.

        Katherine

        > Greetings unto the Group,
        >
        > Hello. I am Michelina Elaina de Medici, an early 16th cent Italian woman.
        > I am currently working on this outfit but am at a loss of how to make the
        > hat. I believe it is called a capiglaira but am not sure of how to make
        > it.
        > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/operafantomet/renaissanceportraits/venezia1/blicinio1520-30lady.jpg
        > I think it is how the balzo changed as styles. I think the capiglaira has
        > a similar base as the balzo but with a bigger roll around the head.
        > I do not have any idea of how the crown of this hat looks, as I have not
        > been able to find any images of the back of the hat, as of yet. Any
        > insight or help with constructing this hat would be sincerely appeciated.
        > YIS and Of the Dream
        > Michelina

      • Michelina Medici
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012
          Hi,

          I found this on Realm of Venus:

          http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/library/headwear2.htm

          Perhaps the capigliara is an super sized balzo?

          Michelina