Re: [SCA-Milliners] Capiglaira

  • wheezul@canby.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012
      Hi,

      I found this:

      http://books.google.it/books?id=S8bTzilz1BMC&lpg=PA34&dq=capigliara&hl=it&pg=PA34#v=onepage&q=capigliara&f=false

      although I wonder how the author determined this.

      Katherine

      > Greetings unto the Group,
      >
      > Hello. I am Michelina Elaina de Medici, an early 16th cent Italian woman.
      > I am currently working on this outfit but am at a loss of how to make the
      > hat. I believe it is called a capiglaira but am not sure of how to make
      > it.
      > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/operafantomet/renaissanceportraits/venezia1/blicinio1520-30lady.jpg
      > I think it is how the balzo changed as styles. I think the capiglaira has
      > a similar base as the balzo but with a bigger roll around the head.
      > I do not have any idea of how the crown of this hat looks, as I have not
      > been able to find any images of the back of the hat, as of yet. Any
      > insight or help with constructing this hat would be sincerely appeciated.
      > YIS and Of the Dream
      > Michelina

    • Michelina Medici
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012
        Ohhhhhhhhh,  I am looking forward to looking thru it this evening.

        I have never seen this before.

        Thanks for sharing

        Michelina

        although I wonder how the author determined this.

        Katherine

        > Greetings unto the Group,
        >
        > Hello. I am Michelina Elaina de Medici, an early 16th cent Italian woman.
        > I am currently working on this outfit but am at a loss of how to make the
        > hat. I believe it is called a capiglaira but am not sure of how to make
        > it.
        > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/operafantomet/renaissanceportraits/venezia1/blicinio1520-30lady.jpg
        > I think it is how the balzo changed as styles. I think the capiglaira has
        > a similar base as the balzo but with a bigger roll around the head.
        > I do not have any idea of how the crown of this hat looks, as I have not
        > been able to find any images of the back of the hat, as of yet. Any
        > insight or help with constructing this hat would be sincerely appeciated.
        > YIS and Of the Dream
        > Michelina

      • Michelina Medici
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012
          Katherine

          Hmmm, There are many images of this type of 'hat' that is the same size but appear to be real hats covered with fabric. Very interesting.

          I am not sure I fallow the logic of the author, but I am not well read. I have so much to learn.

          Thank you for your assistance.

          Michelina

          although I wonder how the author determined this.

          Katherine

          > Greetings unto the Group,
          >
          > Hello. I am Michelina Elaina de Medici, an early 16th cent Italian woman.
          > I am currently working on this outfit but am at a loss of how to make the
          > hat. I believe it is called a capiglaira but am not sure of how to make
          > it.
          > http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/operafantomet/renaissanceportraits/venezia1/blicinio1520-30lady.jpg
          > I think it is how the balzo changed as styles. I think the capiglaira has
          > a similar base as the balzo but with a bigger roll around the head.
          > I do not have any idea of how the crown of this hat looks, as I have not
          > been able to find any images of the back of the hat, as of yet. Any
          > insight or help with constructing this hat would be sincerely appeciated.
          > YIS and Of the Dream
          > Michelina

        • Michelina Medici
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 20, 2012
            Hi,

            I found this on Realm of Venus:

            http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/library/headwear2.htm

            Perhaps the capigliara is an super sized balzo?

            Michelina