Re: [SCA-Milliners] Anne of Cleves - Betrothal Portrait by Holbein

  • wheezul@canby.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2011
      The name of this particular cap in German is a "Stickel" or "Stickelchen".
      We know this because Durer labeled one of his drawings and indeed the
      inventories of the area around Cologne list them.

      Katherine

      > Hi Everyone;
      >
      > I am a wanting to re-create Anne of Cleaves hood she wore in the betrothal
      > portrait by Holbein. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AnneCleves.jpg
      >
      > I'm needing help, because I'm not clear as to what style this is? Is it a
      > form of a gabled hood (her's is not peaked)? Flemish cap? Seeing that Anne
      > was German, I cannot find any similar hoods for her era in the literature.
      > I'm sure they are probably there, I just haven't been lucky to find
      > anything.
      >
      > Lady Elisabeata
      > Barony of Lions Gate

    • lm
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2011
        Excellent. Thank you. I see alot of good examples to reference too. Has
        anyone had success re-constructing this cap?