Felt

  • Ysenda Macbeth
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 20, 2011
      Hi,

      I have been working on a couple different projects and have found myself in search of heavy (natural) milliner's felt that is not pre-formed into a blank. Does anyone have a source for flat sheets or yardage that I may have missed? Plan B is to do my own felting, but I don't trust myself to make it both solid enough and smooth.

      Thanks

      Ysenda
    • Storm Hortman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 20, 2011
        It is not technically milliners felt but Jo-Anns and Hancocks have carried bolts of a fairly heavy wool felt that might work. And they were in half a dozen very nice colors.

        Wyndylyn

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 20, 2011
          The color selection is limited because their manufacturer has gone out of
          business, but Hats by Leko <http://www.hatsupply.com/flat_fur_felt.htm> has
          some flat fur felt. Though it can be pricey...

          Petra