greetings - a dressmaker's hat question

  • Glynnis Hollindale
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2010
      Greetings to all

      I am new here and very interested in headwear in general but sewn hats at
      the moment.

      This might not be in the right place for this question as it is a little
      earlier than the topics of most of the posts I have read. I am trying to
      document 4, 5 or 6 panel simple hats such as early Scandinavian or Rus.

      We are doing a class in felt and leather hats but I have been surprised that
      I have so little on historical items. My files have more on Tolmund man
      than SCA period hats of this type.

      Does anyone have material I can use for either pattern validation or
      references to existent items?

      Hopefully yours,

      Glynyhvar

      (of River Haven - Brisbane Australia)