Re: Hennins

  • contarina
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 28, 2010
      hi all,

      i make my hennins with a base of leather (which laces together so it can travel flat) with a velevet cover that hooks and eyes onto the leather base (which means you can have different colour outers and even embroidered one). a link to one on my website is hear:
      http://www.aandcsmalluxuries.com.au/hennin.html
      the leather is light enough to wear all day and it folds flat for transporting. the filet underneath i make out of veleveteen with the pile of the velevet running the opposite direction to your hair so that it holds fast and the loop in metal (coat-hanger works well) and cover it in blanket stitch in silk thread or topstitching thread. the combination of the veleveteen filet and the hennin cover (in velveteen) acts like they are velcroed together and won't move. the best thing about this method is that you can pattern it in cardboard first and know the fit will be pretty good.

      it seems to have that slight dip in it without having to make too many changes.

      if you want more information about this feel freeto email me at contarina@...

      vale
      contarina la bianca ol
      baroness of riverhaven