veils and headwraps

  • Yvianne
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 25, 2009
      ... so I'm surfing through one of my favorite sites (Racaire's
      photos on Flickr ) and I tripped across a couple of very nice
      pages of pictures taken during classes on veils and headwraps

      11-14th century veils - shows different ways to wear veils and
      wimples.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/racaire/sets/72157611406367893/

      Headwraps 14-15th century
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/racaire/sets/72157611477989876/

      There is no accompanying text, but the pictures are very helpful
      and informative

      Enjoy ... I did :-)

      Yvianne de Castel d'Avignon
      AEthelmearc
    • Christine Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 25, 2009
        Thank you Yviane (and Racaire)! I had seen these before but lost the link
        and bookmark in one of my computer moves. I'm delighted to find it again.
        I'm about to make some more veil/wimple/headrail sets for my 12th century
        persona, and this is perfect timing.

        Caitlin

        Mistress Caitlin Christiana Wintour, OL
        Ad augusta per angusta (To high places by narrow roads)

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 26, 2009
          the lighting in the room was lovely!  Very informative.  I do just adore head coverings!
          Ottavia