Re: [SCA-Milliners] Re: what is this hat called?

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2009
      Kristina wrote:
      > Also, the one other picture I've seen showing this style hat is one that I found here, in the Crescent Hats photo album. The image is called "crescent-roll." The lady in question is down in the front with her back turned.
      >
      > --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, "Kristina" <krysna@...> wrote:
      > http://www.uvm.edu/~hag/sca/15th/panofsky250a.jpg

      I think it is similar to a stuffed/padded roll, but with an interior
      structure so that the edge is not rounded. There are some good websites
      out there about the construction of the "balzo" which is the Italian
      version. They're not shaped quite like this but I think those
      techniques might work well for it.

      I've seen someone try to do this size with a padded roll all by itself,
      and it *definitely* did not look right!

      --

      Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent

      "Such virtue hath my pen...." -Shakespeare, Sonnet 81

      "I knew this wasn't _my_ pen!" --Cynthia Virtue
    • Kristina
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2009
        Thanks for the info! Much appreciated! :)