Re: [SCA-Milliners] Help with Italian Ren Hair

  • Melanie Cozad
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 21, 2009
      Hello,

      On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 11:38 AM, cmsciulli<cmsciulli@...> wrote:
      > Greetings!
      <snip>
      > And then there is the issue of the hair itself.  Not knowing I would be needing it, I cut my long hair to about shoulder length.  I think that leaves hair taping out, right?

      Not necessarily! My hair is about chin length and I managed to fake
      the look of taped hair at Pennsic with a bit of fake hair that matched
      the color of the underside of my hair.

      I apologize for the size of the pictures... I'm on my work computer
      right now and it doesn't have a program which allows me to resize
      photos.

      The complete ensemble.
      http://pics.livejournal.com/melaniesuzanne/pic/000syh68
      I was wearing a coif on the back of my head to cover my short hair.
      I'm still working on a cuffia that fits.

      I sewed the braid to a headband and then wrapped ribbon around both.
      http://pics.livejournal.com/melaniesuzanne/pic/000szy86

      This is the base headband. I picked up a bunch of them at Target. They
      have them in brown and black.
      http://pics.livejournal.com/melaniesuzanne/pic/000t0e60

      Hope this helps!
      Pippa
    • M'lady Foxy
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 21, 2009
        I purchased hair estentions at a local beauy store to do a coiled hairstyle even though my hair already fall below middle of my back.There's also a book my library has hat has great examples of hairstyles called what they wore.Check your local library or college librarys for similar books...

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 21, 2009
          Mark twain said .. it's a poor man can only spell a word one way...
          Last email got away wihout corrections sorry bout that.Beauty stores also have a wider selection of colors and length of hair pieces..

          > > And then there is the issue of the hair itself.  Not
          > knowing I would be needing it, I cut my long hair to about
          > shoulder length.  I think that leaves hair taping out,
          > right?
          >
          > Not necessarily! My hair is about chin length and I managed
          > to fake
          > the look of taped hair at Pennsic with a bit of fake hair
          > that matched
          > the color of the underside of my hair.
          >
          > I apologize for the size of the pictures... I'm on my work
          > computer
          > right now and it doesn't have a program which allows me to
          > resize
          > photos.
          >
          > The complete ensemble.
          > http://pics.livejournal.com/melaniesuzanne/pic/000syh68
          > I was wearing a coif on the back of my head to cover my
          > short hair.
          > I'm still working on a cuffia that fits.
          >
          > I sewed the braid to a headband and then wrapped ribbon
          > around both.
          > http://pics.livejournal.com/melaniesuzanne/pic/000szy86
          >
          > This is the base headband. I picked up a bunch of them at
          > Target. They
          > have them in brown and black.
          > http://pics.livejournal.com/melaniesuzanne/pic/000t0e60
          >
          > Hope this helps!
          > Pippa

          >   http://www.onelist.com/community/SCA-MillinersYahoo!
          > Groups Links
          >

          >     mailto:SCA-Milliners-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • cmsciulli
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 21, 2009
            These are great ideas, thank you!

            I need to head out and get some fake hair and that book now. . .

            Any suggestions on making the juliet cap?