first attempt at a new hat

  • contarina
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 20, 2009
      hi all
      i haave recently finished my first attempt at a gabeled hat/hood. i have just posted a few photo's (in contarina's stuff). some have the veil tails pinned up and the others have them down. i have chosen to have the lappet detachable so that i can adjust the look, the silk i made it out of is one i picked up in the
      uk and i think it is used for mens ties. i have also chosen to make the front "hair" pieces striped woven silk as i found that although having long hair it just wasn't thick enough to give the look. as for the billaments i have uesd what i had in the stash (all the pearles are real). i can't think of any other details, happy to answer questions. i was inspired by the tt, but changed their instructions and construction by useing my millanry skills.
      can't wait to wear it...(a day without a headach)
      vale
      contarina