Patron Saints

  • Deborah Pipe
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30 1:11 AM
      Hi everyone
      did you know there are at least 6 patron Saints of "feltmaking, fulling, hatmaking, milliners"?
      These include Saints Barbara; Clement; James the lesser: Michael the Archangel; Philip the Apostle and Severus of Aranches. http://saints.sqpn.com/pst00350.htm
      The bit that is interesting me at the moment is the story around St James who was beaten to death with a club. Because of this the club became his symbol and this led to him being the Patron Saint of professions which use a club ... this includes fullers. My question is what is/ was a club such as this used for?
      You can see a picture of him holding a spikey wooden club on http://saints.sqpn.com/pst00350.htm
      what do you all think?
      looking forward to more Saintly contributions!
      Deborah