Medieval Clothing and Textiles Vol 5

  • ECH-W
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 4, 2008
      fwd'd...

      The manuscript for the next volume of Medieval Clothing and Textiles is on its
      way to the publisher, so I can now report on the contents. The volume will
      include these papers:

      "Clothing and Conflict in the Icelandic Family Sagas: Literary Convention and
      the Discourse of Power," Kate D’Ettore

      "Obscure Lands and Obscured Hands: Fairy Embroidery and the Ambiguous
      Vocabulary of Medieval Textile Decoration," Sarah-Grace Heller

      "Failed Censures: Ecclesiastical Regulation of Women’s Clothing in Late
      Medieval Italy," Thomas M. Izbicki

      "Cutting a Fine Figure: Costume on French Gothic Ivories," Paula Mae Carns

      "One Quilt or Two? A Reassessment of the Guicciardini Quilts in the Victoria
      and Albert Museum and the Museo del Bargello," Sarah Randles

      "French Hoods: Development of a Sixteenth-Century Court Fashion," Melanie
      Schuessler

      "Who Was Cesare Vecellio? Placing Habiti Antichi in Context," Tawny Sherrill

      MC&T vol. 5 will be published by early May 2009, in time for the Kalamazoo
      Medieval Congress. As usual, there will be a conference discount for those
      going to Kalamazoo. For those want to pre-order, there will be a web page up
      for the book at Boydell shortly; I don't have the URL yet, but it will be
      linked from this page: http://www.boydell.co.uk/MEDSES.HTM

      Feel free to forward this message to other lists of interest.

      Robin Netherton
      Editor, Medieval Clothing and Textiles