need hat /garb help

  • not_sucha_angel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2008
      I purchased a hat at an event recentally and I'm trying to match it to
      garb...the best discribition of the hat is similar to the old english
      style riding hats... round with a flat top and brim... believe in the
      1541 time line elizabethan.... if anyone can help match this hat to any
      patterns that are on market would appreciate...
    • Jane Stockton
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2008
        At 11:41 AM 7/07/2008, you wrote:

        >I purchased a hat at an event recentally and I'm trying to match it to
        >garb...the best discribition of the hat is similar to the old english
        >style riding hats... round with a flat top and brim... believe in the
        >1541 time line elizabethan.... if anyone can help match this hat to any
        >patterns that are on market would appreciate...

        I think you best bet would be Lynn McMasters site:
        http://www.lynnmcmasters.com/

        Her Elizabeth Womens Arched Brim Hat sounds like what you are after.
        This is one of my favourite hats, but be aware that it's authenticity
        is disputed.

        Cheers,
        Jane

        ------------------------------------
        Jane Stockton - jane_stockton@...
        Barony of Mordenvale, Kingdom of Lochac

        In Prayse of the Needle - http://needleprayse.webcon.net.au/ (personal website)
        Historical Needlework Resources - http://medieval.webcon.net.au/
        (resource website)
        The Needles' Excellency - http://laren.blogspot.com/ (blog)
      • M'lady Foxy
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2008
          isnt EVERYTHING disputed in sca?

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 7, 2008
            --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, M'lady Foxy <angellfoxx@...>
            wrote:

            > isnt EVERYTHING disputed in sca?

            Just like in real life, if you look hard enough you'll find someone to
            disagree with anything!