Late period coif

  • Madeleine Delacroix
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2007
      I have been searching the net and even though someone was nice enough
      to send me a pattern..I look like a Pilgrim(or what we think of as a
      Pilgrim)..and I can't find any documentation that shows this style as
      being period(as close to 1600 as possible)..is the square face framing
      cap Dutch?? Is there documentation that shows English wearing this??If
      so where??

      Thanks,
      Madeleine Delacroix
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 24, 2007
        Madeleine Delacroix wrote:
        > I have been searching the net and even though someone was nice enough
        > to send me a pattern..I look like a Pilgrim(or what we think of as a
        > Pilgrim)..and I can't find any documentation that shows this style as
        > being period(as close to 1600 as possible)..is the square face framing
        > cap Dutch?? Is there documentation that shows English wearing this??If
        > so where??

        I'm guessing you already checked the plimouth plantation website? They
        used to have a bit of costume documentation.

        cv