Re: [SCA-Milliners] Hennin Help

  • Grace Morris
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 29, 2002
      http://www.marquise.de/1400/pics/1490_2.shtml

      If you take a hood like this (but longer in front), add the hat, and fold
      the fabric back over the hat, you get this effect. Some examples from the
      period look like that to me. And there are very clear examples from Spain
      that show this (of course, they aren't on line!).

      Jessamyn

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2002
        Also try this picture:
        Memling (flemish) "Young Wojman With a Carnation". I have no idea if it's
        on line, but you can find it on p.140 of the Virtue and Beauty exhibition
        book.

        Jessamyn

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2002
          There are also some interesting photos in the "galerie" section of :
          http://site.voila.fr/costumesXV

          Jessamyn