Re: [SCA-Milliners] Re: veils

  • Cheryl Redpath
    Message 1 of 34 , Nov 7, 2007
      Oooh, since I've hit that time in life where I have the occasional 'Private Tropical Vacation', I appreciate your advice! Otherwise, I tend to be chilled. It means I keep a shawl and a fan handy, as the occasion demands.

      Thank you!
      Christiana

      unclrashid <unclrashid@...> wrote:
      Silk voile might tend not to breathe. May not be a problem for you,
      if you tend not to sweat much. Silk voile might just be on the
      borderline of so soft it sticks to your face when there is a slight
      breeze. Test for that before you cut it.

      Rashid

      --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, Cheryl Redpath
      <redswan_rising@...> wrote:

      > Would silk voile be good? That's what the label identified on what
      I found at a local junk-see-what-you-can-find store, and it's lovely,
      though I'm looking at Elizabethan sheer sleeves.

    • borderlands15213
      Message 34 of 34 , Nov 13, 2007
        Oops, sorry: got ahead in my replies by not reading far enough ahead!
        Your pardon, good gentles!

        Yseult the Gentle

        --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, "Wyndylyn" <tjhortman@...> wrote:

        > My favorite for washing silks is Mane and Tail Shampoo. Yes, it's
        made for
        > horses, but it's the best for getting out stains and oils. I've used
        it on
        > antique silks with wonderful results.
        >
        > Wyndylyn

        <<snipped>>>