Big Hat Competition - December Kansas City area Calontir

  • mary_m_haselbauer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 17, 2007
      The following competition will be held at Kris Kinder on December
      8th, 2007. That's in the Kansas City, Kansas/Missouri area or
      Forgotten Sea, Calontir. I'm not the one running it but I thought
      folks here might like to know about it even if it is too far away. -
      Slaine
      PS A parallel convation on our kingdom's list mentioned that this
      groups website is currently down or I'd post a link to the event
      flyer as well.

      For those planning on attending Kris Kinder this year, I invite ALL
      of you to participate in a unique and (I think) rather fun
      competition this year:

      the BIG Hat Competition.

      That's right! This is the perfect opportunity to bring out (or
      actually get around to making) all of those wild and HUGE hats that
      you've spent years admiring (or at least giggling at): Tudor gables
      that could double a s an arming tent, hennins with altitude, german
      hats that can shade half your camp at lillies, towering turbans
      that can hide small children - Anything and everything that
      qualifies as headgear is welcome!

      Points will be given for construction, documentation, and yes, SIZE.
      Because size DOES matter. (At least in this competition.)

      So come on out and enjoy a day of high fashion and even higher
      headgear! I look foward to seeing you and your hats at Kris Kinder!

      Josefina del Torre
    • Cheryl Redpath