Re: [SCA-Milliners] cap of maintenance restrictions and other heed covering queries...

  • Megan & Dave
    Message 1 of 43 , Apr 2, 2007
      I know this is somewhat old, but I'm just catching up on all my messages.
      The cap of mainenance is reserved per laurel ruling.
      http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/lessons/lesson16.html Near the bottom it
      clearly states "A pelican in her piety and the cap of maintenance may only
      be borne by Masters and Mistresses of the pelican."

      This would technically make it a society wide restriction, but there are
      several other such rulings that are customarily ignored. (The actual ruling
      on the knight's chain vs what is practiced in many older kingdoms, including
      mine.) Check with your locals to see what they have to say...if they aren't
      sure, check your local kingdom site & see if there is a minister of protocol
      listed. They should be able to give you definitave answers.

      Gwenhyfar Stuart,
      Starleaf Gate, Middle.

      <
      <
      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 4, 2007
        Well, as one of the Pelicans on this list, I can tell you that most
        people wouldn't want to wear a Cap of Maintenance in it's typically-
        executed SCA form, anyway. :)

        Dame Selene (Atenveldt)