Re: [SCA-Milliners] Is it me??

  • Jane Stockton
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2007
      Quoting fionnghualaingheanuilliam <fionnghualaingheanuilliam@...>:

      > I haven't seen anything on this group since the 14th. Is there a
      > problem or is it something to do with my connection, etc.?
      >
      > Fionnghuala inghean Uilliam

      Fionnghuala,

      I think it's just been quiet.

      But I have something to share. I don't know if I emailed this list,
      but I have been looking for traditional cardboard and mesh buckram.
      The place I used to buy it from no longer gets it. So I've been
      ringing milliners all around Lochac (Australia) looking for it. I
      finally found somewhere today and got their last three metres! And
      it's $10/m cheaper than the other place!

      So more Elizabethan hats for me.

      Cheers,
      Jane

      =======================================
      Jane Stockton
      Barony of Mordenvale, Kingdom of Lochac

      The Needles Excellency (blog) - http://laren.blogspot.com/
      Historical Needlework Resources - http://medieval.webcon.net.au/
      16th English Clothing Images (blog) - http://plainattyre.blogspot.com/
    • fionnghualaingheanuilliam
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 22, 2007
        Jane, thanks for clearing that up for me.
        Good luck with the hats,
        Fionnghuala

        Jane Stockton wrote:

        > Quoting fionnghualaingheanuilliam <fionnghualaingheanuilliam@...>:
        >
        > > I haven't seen anything on this group since the 14th. Is there a
        > > problem or is it something to do with my connection, etc.?
        > >
        > > Fionnghuala inghean Uilliam
        >
        > Fionnghuala,
        >
        > I think it's just been quiet.
        >
        > But I have something to share. I don't know if I emailed this
        list,
        > but I have been looking for traditional cardboard and mesh
        buckram.
        > The place I used to buy it from no longer gets it. So I've been
        > ringing milliners all around Lochac (Australia) looking for it. I
        > finally found somewhere today and got their last three metres! And
        > it's $10/m cheaper than the other place!
        >
        > So more Elizabethan hats for me.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Jane
        >

        > =======================================
        > Jane Stockton
        > Barony of Mordenvale, Kingdom of Lochac
        >
        > The Needles Excellency (blog) - http://laren.blogspot.com/
        > Historical Needlework Resources - http://medieval.webcon.net.au/
        > 16th English Clothing Images (blog) -
        http://plainattyre.blogspot.com/

      • Kimiko Small
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2007
          At 09:49 PM 1/21/2007, you wrote:
          >But I have something to share. I don't know if I emailed this list,
          >but I have been looking for traditional cardboard and mesh buckram.
          >The place I used to buy it from no longer gets it. So I've been
          >ringing milliners all around Lochac (Australia) looking for it. I
          >finally found somewhere today and got their last three metres! And
          >it's $10/m cheaper than the other place!
          >
          >So more Elizabethan hats for me.
          >
          >Cheers,
          >Jane

          Huzzah for you, Jane!

          I still would love to know what it looks like up close, although I doubt I
          would ever find it here in the States.

          Joane
        • Jane Stockton
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 23, 2007
            Quoting Kimiko Small <kimiko@...>:

            > At 09:49 PM 1/21/2007, you wrote:
            >> But I have something to share. I don't know if I emailed this list,
            >> but I have been looking for traditional cardboard and mesh buckram.
            >> The place I used to buy it from no longer gets it. So I've been
            >> ringing milliners all around Lochac (Australia) looking for it. I
            >> finally found somewhere today and got their last three metres! And
            >> it's $10/m cheaper than the other place!
            >>
            >> So more Elizabethan hats for me.
            >>
            >> Cheers,
            >> Jane
            >

            > Huzzah for you, Jane!
            >
            > I still would love to know what it looks like up close, although I doubt I
            > would ever find it here in the States.
            >
            > Joane

            Joane,

            When it arrives I will take some shots and put them up for people to
            have alook at.

            Cheers,
            Jane