Is it me??

  • fionnghualaingheanuilliam
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 21, 2007
      I haven't seen anything on this group since the 14th. Is there a
      problem or is it something to do with my connection, etc.?

      Fionnghuala inghean Uilliam
    • Jane Stockton
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 21, 2007
        Quoting fionnghualaingheanuilliam <fionnghualaingheanuilliam@...>:

        > I haven't seen anything on this group since the 14th. Is there a
        > problem or is it something to do with my connection, etc.?
        >
        > Fionnghuala inghean Uilliam

        Fionnghuala,

        I think it's just been quiet.

        But I have something to share. I don't know if I emailed this list,
        but I have been looking for traditional cardboard and mesh buckram.
        The place I used to buy it from no longer gets it. So I've been
        ringing milliners all around Lochac (Australia) looking for it. I
        finally found somewhere today and got their last three metres! And
        it's $10/m cheaper than the other place!

        So more Elizabethan hats for me.

        Cheers,
        Jane

        =======================================
        Jane Stockton
        Barony of Mordenvale, Kingdom of Lochac

        The Needles Excellency (blog) - http://laren.blogspot.com/
        Historical Needlework Resources - http://medieval.webcon.net.au/
        16th English Clothing Images (blog) - http://plainattyre.blogspot.com/
      • fionnghualaingheanuilliam
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 22, 2007
          Jane, thanks for clearing that up for me.
          Good luck with the hats,
          Fionnghuala

          Jane Stockton wrote:

          > Quoting fionnghualaingheanuilliam <fionnghualaingheanuilliam@...>:
          >
          > > I haven't seen anything on this group since the 14th. Is there a
          > > problem or is it something to do with my connection, etc.?
          > >
          > > Fionnghuala inghean Uilliam
          >
          > Fionnghuala,
          >
          > I think it's just been quiet.
          >
          > But I have something to share. I don't know if I emailed this
          list,
          > but I have been looking for traditional cardboard and mesh
          buckram.
          > The place I used to buy it from no longer gets it. So I've been
          > ringing milliners all around Lochac (Australia) looking for it. I
          > finally found somewhere today and got their last three metres! And
          > it's $10/m cheaper than the other place!
          >
          > So more Elizabethan hats for me.
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Jane
          >

          > =======================================
          > Jane Stockton
          > Barony of Mordenvale, Kingdom of Lochac
          >
          > The Needles Excellency (blog) - http://laren.blogspot.com/
          > Historical Needlework Resources - http://medieval.webcon.net.au/
          > 16th English Clothing Images (blog) -
          http://plainattyre.blogspot.com/

        • Kimiko Small
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 22, 2007
            At 09:49 PM 1/21/2007, you wrote:
            >But I have something to share. I don't know if I emailed this list,
            >but I have been looking for traditional cardboard and mesh buckram.
            >The place I used to buy it from no longer gets it. So I've been
            >ringing milliners all around Lochac (Australia) looking for it. I
            >finally found somewhere today and got their last three metres! And
            >it's $10/m cheaper than the other place!
            >
            >So more Elizabethan hats for me.
            >
            >Cheers,
            >Jane

            Huzzah for you, Jane!

            I still would love to know what it looks like up close, although I doubt I
            would ever find it here in the States.

            Joane
          • Jane Stockton
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 23, 2007
              Quoting Kimiko Small <kimiko@...>:

              > At 09:49 PM 1/21/2007, you wrote:
              >> But I have something to share. I don't know if I emailed this list,
              >> but I have been looking for traditional cardboard and mesh buckram.
              >> The place I used to buy it from no longer gets it. So I've been
              >> ringing milliners all around Lochac (Australia) looking for it. I
              >> finally found somewhere today and got their last three metres! And
              >> it's $10/m cheaper than the other place!
              >>
              >> So more Elizabethan hats for me.
              >>
              >> Cheers,
              >> Jane
              >

              > Huzzah for you, Jane!
              >
              > I still would love to know what it looks like up close, although I doubt I
              > would ever find it here in the States.
              >
              > Joane

              Joane,

              When it arrives I will take some shots and put them up for people to
              have alook at.

              Cheers,
              Jane