Re: [SCA-Milliners] Re: cap of maintenance restrictions and other heed covering queries...

  • Noramunro@aol.com
    Message 1 of 43 , Dec 31, 2006
      > Reading the construction instructions on the original web site it
      > indicates that the narrow "pointy" parts that look like they go
      > towards the front actually hang down the back with the larger, turned
      > back "cuff" part in the front....not exactly "Robin Hood" ish

      Yes, that would be why I described it as an 'unflattering bonnet-like thing.'

      As for your question, I don't recall specific headwear (other than perhaps specifying colour) unless you also count things like the pointy hats that some jurisdictions required Jews to wear.

      There was a CA on robes of estate a few years back, wasn't there?

      'nora
      Dame Alianora Munro, OL, Atlantia
      the website: http://hometown.aol.com/noramunro/Chateau/index.htm
      the blog: http://damenora.blogspot.com/

      Message 43 of 43 , Apr 4, 2007
        Well, as one of the Pelicans on this list, I can tell you that most
        people wouldn't want to wear a Cap of Maintenance in it's typically-
        executed SCA form, anyway. :)

        Dame Selene (Atenveldt)