RE: [SCA-Milliners] coffee filter hats

  • Hunter, Veronica (Roni)
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2000
      This is Taryn. Many of you already know me but I haven't posted to this
      list before. I just thought I'd let you all know that the "coffee filter"
      hat you have been talking about is called a toque. Have a great day!

      Taryn

      > ----------

    • Hunter, Veronica (Roni)
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2000
        Cynthia,

        I think you may very well be correct! It may be that the "topless" version
        of the hat has been called a toque because we don't know what it was really
        called and aside from the "top" issue it looks much the same. Remembering
        exact dates isn't my specialty but I do believe toques with and without tops
        are of the same period. Fillet might be more appropriate historically but
        then it does get confusing with the SCA metal fillets.

        Taryn