Hello from Truly!

  • Truly Carmichael
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2006
      Hi All -

      I stumbled onto this group accidentally - or I would have joined ages ago.

      Anyway - hello! My name is Truly Carmichael and I'm new on your list!

      I've had a small business make hats for actors and SCA folk. (primarily
      16th century felt hats - though I'm into some 15th century things too.)
      for about eight years now. I have a new partnership with the Desert Torch
      Tailoring shop - my hats were in their booth at Pennsic and at Gulf wars -
      but so far that's as wiedespread as I get. (cause it is still just a
      sideline business and my regular job and six-year-old are PLENTY to do)

      I learned the techniques I use during my MFA(Costume Tecnology)at UT in
      Austin, Texas over a decade ago. I've made lots of changes since then and
      come up with some techniques and good and bad habits of my own - but am
      always looking to learn new things and happy to share what I know.

      Anyway - I looked at the photos that are posted on the site - and I'm
      really looking forward to reading more and talking about Hats!!!

      Happy to be here -

      TrulyCarmichael/Eleanor Fairchild
      (who signes her name Trulinor)

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Terri Hirling
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 22, 2006
        Hi Truly,

        Welcome to the list and we miss you in Ansteorra (and especially in
        Stargate/Houston).

        Ladies, this wonderful lady makes the most beautiful hats (and
        garb). She'll be an asset to this list. I have the great pleasure
        of knowing her personally and am glad to call her a friend. Oh, in
        addition to beautiful hats she also has a wonderful voice and is a
        writer of beautiful songs. She has brought me tears on a few
        occasions with her lyrics. If you get the opportunity to hear her
        ask her to sing her song called "The Horse". That is the name of it,
        isn't Truly? It gets me everytime.

        BTW, congratulations on your elevation to the Order of the Laural at
        Pennsic. I wish we could have been there. Its well deserved.

        Baroness Isabeau Quiquandon
        Barony of Stargate

        --- In SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com, Truly Carmichael <trulinor@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi All -
        >
        > I stumbled onto this group accidentally - or I would have joined
        ages ago.

        > Anyway - hello! My name is Truly Carmichael and I'm new on your
        list!

        > I've had a small business make hats for actors and SCA folk.
        (primarily
        > 16th century felt hats - though I'm into some 15th century things
        too.)
        > for about eight years now. I have a new partnership with the Desert
        Torch
        > Tailoring shop - my hats were in their booth at Pennsic and at Gulf
        wars -
        > but so far that's as wiedespread as I get. (cause it is still just a
        > sideline business and my regular job and six-year-old are PLENTY to
        do)

        > I learned the techniques I use during my MFA(Costume Tecnology)at
        UT in
        > Austin, Texas over a decade ago. I've made lots of changes since
        then and
        > come up with some techniques and good and bad habits of my own -
        but am
        > always looking to learn new things and happy to share what I know.
        >
        > Anyway - I looked at the photos that are posted on the site - and
        I'm
        > really looking forward to reading more and talking about Hats!!!
        >
        > Happy to be here -
        >
        > TrulyCarmichael/Eleanor Fairchild
        > (who signes her name Trulinor)

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Truly Carmichael
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 22, 2006
          Hi Isabeau!

          How nice to hear form you!

          Yes - the unceremonial title is "the Horse Song". I've tried nifty poetic
          titles - but that's the only one that stuck.

          And thanks for the congrats - it was a nice Pennsic. And my ensemble had a
          wierd/cool hat!! I'll get photos of it and post them.....sometime....

          Trulinor

          Truly Carmichael

          US Phone: 936-622-3403
          Canadian Daytime number: 519-341-4903