Re: Crespinettes

  • Yvianne
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 28, 2006
      >(I'm trying to find a better picture of the Felbrigg
      >brass - the one I have still looks like it could be
      >her hair bound foward with the veil tucked under it at
      >the back. It's not a very good picture, though.)

      Definitely keep looking for a good picture of this. I tried to scan the
      image I have but couldn't get the details to show up clearly ....so I made
      a quick line drawing of it showing all of the details I am sure of.
      http://www.angelfire.com/pa/allthat2/cauls/margaret.gif

      Yvianne
    • moonie
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 29, 2006
        Greetings,

        I am not sure if it is just my computer or not, but I didn't get any picture when I clicked on that link... just the angelfire logo.

        Caireann

      • Yvianne
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 29, 2006
          I didn't have any trouble with it, but just to make sure it's not a security thing Angelfire put on the image file, I put it on a web page. It should load like an image on any other web page now
          http://www.angelfire.com/pa/allthat2/cauls/margaret.html

          Let me know if anyone still can't get to it and I'll try something else.

          Yvianne

          Message 4 of 19 , Jul 30, 2006
            Perfect!! Thank you!

            Caireann

          • Richard Mowbray
            Message 5 of 19 , Jul 31, 2006
              So here's a couple of questions for the group-

              How do you make this contrivance lay close to the head and what
              supports it (other than your neck)?

              Once I find the woman of my dreams, how do I convince her to wear this
              after I make it? ;^)>

              -Richard

              --- Yvianne <yvianne@...> wrote:

              > I didn't have any trouble with it, but just to make sure it's not a
              > security thing Angelfire put on the image file, I put it on a web
              > page. It should load like an image on any other web page now
              > http://www.angelfire.com/pa/allthat2/cauls/margaret.html
              >
              > Let me know if anyone still can't get to it and I'll try something
              > else.
              >
              > Yvianne

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Yvianne
              Message 6 of 19 , Jul 31, 2006
                I use brass filigree edging found at stained glass supply stores and attach
                the cauled sides to the circlet with jump rings. To keep them from flopping
                around I put at least a cord across the back at the bottom of the cauls, but
                usually use a strip of the net I use for the sides. Once I put them on they
                are comfortable and I don't have to fuss with my headgear the rest of the
                day. :-)

                I'm not sure if it will work on the woman of your dreams... but when ladies
                are curious about my headgear I let them try it on. Once they see how good
                it looks and how easy it is to wear they usually ask me to show them how to
                make a pair for themselves. :-)

                Yvianne

                Message 7 of 19 , Jul 31, 2006
                  Richard Mowbray wrote:
                  > How do you make this contrivance lay close to the head and what
                  > supports it (other than your neck)?

                  My version is attached very strongly to the circlet around my head at
                  two points, so it's structurally strong, and they don't flop around. I
                  expect a real metal circlet and tubes would be even stronger, and easy
                  enough to engineer to lie against the head.

                  --
                  Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent

                  "Love is friendship set on fire."
                  -- Jeremy Taylor, ca. 1650
                • Richard Mowbray
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jul 31, 2006
                    Thanks Ladies! It sounds like the difference is in what you use to make
                    the upper suppoer in the first place. If it is rigid enough, iut will
                    suffice. If not, use a bracing that pulls it in at the bottom.

                    -Richard

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • mathildegirlgenius
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 31, 2006
                      > Thanks Ladies! It sounds like the difference is in what you use to
                      make
                      > the upper suppoer in the first place. If it is rigid enough, iut will
                      > suffice. If not, use a bracing that pulls it in at the bottom.

                      my old set (made in '00, I think?) is plastic and somewhat droopy.
                      Gravity holds the cauls close to the head at the bottom, even with the
                      bendy top.

                      Richard, you can borrow my old plastic set to carry with you to events
                      to try on the heads of potential Women of Your Dreams (tm). :-)

                      -mathilde/Charlotte
                    • Richard Mowbray
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jul 31, 2006
                        Thanks Mathilde,

                        But don't I have enough problems without approaching Ladies with droopy
                        cauls? ;^)

                        -Syr Richard de Montbrai

                        http://mail.yahoo.com