Re: [SCA-Milliners] Summer Queen (was:15th c Burgundian Headresses)

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 22, 2006
      Peterson, Cindy wrote:
      > My question to you is if you have a favorite picture of a really great,
      > outrageous hat from any time period from about 1200-1600 that you can think
      > of. Since I am doing something purely allegorical, I can get away with doing
      > something that really wasn't worn during the time period.

      What came to mind for me was a sort of two-horned hennin shape, except
      made as two trees with branches, and then a green gauze veil draped over
      it, to evoke leaves.

      --
      Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent

      Siderea, on musical instruments: Of course, I have to skip any which are
      too physically painful/disabling.

      Metageek: Oh, yeah, like the the porcuphone.
    • danabren@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 22, 2006
        >What came to mind for me was a sort of two-horned hennin shape, except
        >made as two trees with branches, and then a green gauze veil draped over
        >it, to evoke leaves.
        >
        >Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent

        Doesn't one of the Ladies of Virtue (heh - sorry) have a roundele with cauls that is trimmed with dags that look remarkably like leaves? Think she's one of the ladies with a sword, rather than a shield, but I might have several of them combined in my brain.

        Danabren

        "Senator, when you took your oath of office, you placed your hand on the Bible and swore to uphold the Constitution. You did not place your hand on the Constitution and swear to uphold the Bible."
        Jamie Raskin, professor of law
      • Kathleen Heller
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 22, 2006
          Cynthia,

          How are you?!? Long time no see! It is good to be sewing again... I do
          not have a scanner at home, but I will surf and see if I can find the
          image online and add it to my album. Stay tuned...

          Rignach