headdress help!

  • edelinne1300
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2006
      Greetings! My name is Edelinne de Bayonne. My persona is 14th century
      french. I enjoy the clothing of the time. But most of all I love the
      headdresses. I made a headdress that I found in Herbert Norris's book.
      You have to understand that this was before I knew about good
      documentation. well I saw a drawing of the headdress and made one as
      close as I could to it. Now I need some help to find some good
      documentation for the headdress that is if it is real. It might be
      just something Herbert Norris made up. That would break my heart
      though because this is my favorite Headdress. I'll send pitures of the
      drawing in the book and the headdress that I made. I will be greatful
      for any help.

      Thanks!

      Lady Edelinne de Bayonne
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2006
        edelinne1300 wrote:

        > documentation for the headdress that is if it is real. It might be
        > just something Herbert Norris made up. That would break my heart
        > though because this is my favorite Headdress. I'll send pitures of the
        > drawing in the book and the headdress that I made. I will be greatful
        > for any help.

        Which one is it? Many of us have a copy of Norris, shaky though he is
        sometimes. Welcome to the group!

        --
        Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent
      • Lisa Sample
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2006
          I posted the photos on this web site under photos. but the piture is
          on pg.269 fig.392. There is also a color piture of it plate IX. Thanks
          again

          Edelinne de Bayonne
        • Renee Robinson
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2006
            It's not my time or region, but you certainly did a
            lovely job of it!

            I hope someone can help.

            Gwerith

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 5, 2006
              That looks nice! I always wondered what shape the under-hat part is on
              that picture. What did you decide on?

              cv