1500 hod pattern

  • marianadesalamanca
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 15, 2005
      I've uploaded a paint image of the pattern for an early 1500 hood.
      It's in the files section in the "mariana" flolder.
    • Karinne
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 17, 2005
        Hi Mariana,

        I completely missed your postings, so as a late comment I made that
        hat about 6 months ago, and just uploaded a photo of it into my
        folder: ciara1 The dress is from the woman on the other side of the
        painting, but the hat was most definately an attempt at what the green
        girl is wearing.

        For construction I made a simple black wool cap, and edged it with
        gold voile. On top of this I put a slightly elongated semicircle of
        heavy velvet lined with silk. This was pinned into a fold at the back
        of my skull to give the liripipe like thing you can see in the
        picture, and pinned to the cap right at the front, underneath the fold
        back.

        I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your hood

        Cheers, Ciara
      • danabren@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 20, 2005
          >I completely missed your postings, so as a late comment I made that
          >hat about 6 months ago, and just uploaded a photo of it into my
          >folder: ciara1 The dress is from the woman on the other side of the
          >painting, but the hat was most definately an attempt at what the green
          >girl is wearing.
          >Cheers, Ciara

          That is wonderful! And where did you find that fabric?
          Danabren

          ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
          Borges sumus. Resistere inutile est.
        • Karinne Taylor
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 20, 2005
            Thankyou, I assume you are asking about the dress? The fabric came from our
            local furnishing fabric shop, about three years ago. It's just perfect.
            Ciara

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 20, 2005
              >Thankyou, I assume you are asking about the dress? The fabric came from our
              >local furnishing fabric shop, about three years ago. It's just perfect.
              > Ciara

              Yes, the dress fabric. Glorious....