Platter hat

  • Lady Diana Regina von Oettel
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4 1:34 AM
      Greetings Ladies,
      I need HELP! I am looking for advice or a pattern showing the
      construction of the lady's Landschnect hat.......referred to as
      Schlappe, Tellerbarett, platter hat, starfish hat.....I don't even know
      the correct name! Anyway it is the very big, round hat with all of the
      feathers on it! Is Dame Selene out there somewhere? Pleeeeaaassse
      help me! Thank you, all......
      Lady DiAnna......Frustrated Frau!
    • Christine Taylor
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4 6:55 AM
        Mistress Oonagh has some directions on her site.
        http://au.geocities.com/oonaghsowned/german_flirtation.htm

        Caitlin

        On Behalf Of Lady Diana Regina von Oettel
        Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 1:35 AM
        To: SCA-Milliners@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [SCA-Milliners] Platter hat

        Greetings Ladies,
        I need HELP! I am looking for advice or a pattern showing the
        construction of the lady's Landschnect hat.......referred to as
        Schlappe, Tellerbarett, platter hat, starfish hat.....I don't even know
        the correct name! Anyway it is the very big, round hat with all of the
        feathers on it! Is Dame Selene out there somewhere? Pleeeeaaassse
        help me! Thank you, all......
        Lady DiAnna......Frustrated Frau!

        Community email addresses:
        Post message: SCA-Milliners@onelist.com
        Subscribe: SCA-Milliners-subscribe@onelist.com

        Shortcut URL to this page:
        http://www.onelist.com/community/SCA-Milliners
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • danabren@verizon.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4 6:57 AM
          Kass has recently released these patterns, including the tellerbarett (platter hat):

          http://www.reconstructinghistory.com/patterns/german.html

          Hope this helps.
          Danabren
          East

          >Greetings Ladies,
          > I need HELP! I am looking for advice or a pattern showing the
          >construction of the lady's Landschnect hat.......referred to as
          >Schlappe, Tellerbarett, platter hat, starfish hat.....I don't even know
          >the correct name! Anyway it is the very big, round hat with all of the
          >feathers on it! Is Dame Selene out there somewhere? Pleeeeaaassse
          >help me! Thank you, all......
          > Lady DiAnna......Frustrated Frau!

          "Any child can tell you that the sole purpose of a middle name is so that he can tell when he's really in trouble"
          Dennis Fakes