Re: More hat pics

  • FyneHats2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 20 4:59 PM
      > Ok, I stripped out enough old pictures to have enough room for a compressed
      > PDF. It's under Files\Selene\Black Felt Hat.
      >
      > Please let me know if you have problems opening it.
      >
      > Selene

      It wouldn't open for me at all. Would it be possible for you to send it to
      my email address?
      Thanks so much.

      Also, if you should see Theron in the near future, please give him greetings
      from Mistress Felicity. I did several Renaissance Faires with him at Valhalla
      and Las Vegas and he did name me his fair apprentice and approved the
      workmanship of my hats -- and he is a hard master to please! I do miss seeing his
      work and talking with him. He is a veritable fount of millinery knowledge.

      Thanks again Selene for picture of your marvellous hats.

      Donna Scarfe
      fynehats2@...
      www.fynehatsbyfelicity.com

    • Julie Tamura
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 21 10:33 PM
        Nicely done...both the hat and the docs. For my felted hat, I knit the
        "hood" first and then felted it. I made a flat hat out of it by squashing
        it down and making the felt kind of pleat into shape. I haven't tried
        felting batts.

        Did you actually start with white wool or was that just for the photos? I
        got the darkest natural black fleece I could find, spun a loose single ply
        yarn and knit 2 strands.

        Theron loved my finished hat and was going to help me with a hat band and
        feathers. I've lost touch with him. He hasn't been to my local faires in
        over a year. Is he OK? Does anyone have current contact info? I still
        have some stuff I borrowed and need to return.
        Julie