bourellettes?

  • Kristin M. Snyder
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2005
      a costumer friend of mine is making this costume (not for SCA)and
      wanted to know more about the headdress and how it is done - an info
      would be appreciated!
      here's where to see the photo:

      http://scifisyndicate.org/jennis_costumes/images/bigbraveheart.jpg
      yo ucan email all replies to me at
      ksnyder740@...

      thank you!
      -kristin.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 2005
        Kristin M. Snyder wrote:

        > a costumer friend of mine is making this costume (not for SCA)and
        > wanted to know more about the headdress and how it is done - an info
        > would be appreciated!
        > here's where to see the photo:
        >
        > http://scifisyndicate.org/jennis_costumes/images/bigbraveheart.jpg

        The headdresses in Braveheart are based on some medieval styles. The
        one linked seems to use some kind of stuffed fabric tube wrapped with braid.

        There's a variant on this style which the Princess wears at other times
        in the movie, and I have it partially discussed on my cauls page:
        http://www.virtue.to/articles/easy_cauls.html

        --
        Cynthia Virtue and/or Cynthia du Pre Argent

        The opiate of this massive is a book. -- John Theophilous