Re: [SCA-Milliners] Buckram?

  • Ciorstan
    Message 1 of 39 , Jun 6, 2005
      Ælfwyn wrote:

      > What is it? and where do you get it?

      Heavily starched canvas, and it's usually in rolls and sold by the yard
      (for example, my local Joanns sells it near the quilting stuff; forms,
      batting, etc.). It makes excellent hats, as long as you don't get them
      wet. Then all the starch goes bye-bye, and you have a dishrag for a hat.

      ciorstan
      Message 39 of 39 , Jun 10, 2005
        Martha Rice wrote:
        > Mistress Cynthia, I am not sure what % it is, but next time I am home
        > I will look to see. However, I am at work right now and will leave
        > momentarily for the Lilies War here in Calontir. I will be gone until
        > Monday. (Drat summer school) I just didn't want you to think I have
        > spaced off your question.

        No problem -- just idle curiosity on my part! Have fun at Lillies!