Re: [SCA-Milliners] Veil questions - size, fastest hand-rolled hems, and wearing tips

  • Ælfwyn
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2005
      slick that unruly hair down! Wet it and slick it all back, put veil on.. after the event, either put on a headband, or bring a water bottle, spritz it and ruffle it all out.

      I have curly, curly hair that looks like a rooster in a filet/barbette thingy combo...whatever... lol

      I've taken to wearing a coif and a veil or a coif, onepiece wimple thingy (which I designed, so don't ask how to make it. LOL) and a veil. Not really good for hot days though... one suggestion I got for a one piece veil/wimple is a half of a elongated oval, cut with opening on the selvage, sew up about 2/3's of the way and leave the opening big enough for your face, voila one piece wimple... I havn't tried it yet, but I will....also, there is a rolled hem foot you can buy for your machine... once again, I've not tried it. I did see one the other day, and a friend said it takes a bit of getting used to... darn it all though, she didn't demonstrate it. I'll remind her and let you know what I think!
      --------
      Ælfwyn